Washington State's Flagship Nonprofit for the Humanities
Since 1973 Humanities Washington has provided a rich array of programs, exhibits, and experiences to hundreds of thousands of people across the state. As Washington State’s affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, we support and partner with a wide network of communities, organizations, and individuals offering a variety of programs and events.
Humanities Washington’s core work includes:
- Speakers Bureau: Feeding inquiring minds through engaging discussions.
- Smithsonian Exhibits: Touring national exhibits to Washington communities.
- Family Reading: Building literacy and cultural understanding using the power of stories.
- Grants: Fostering the humanities with grants to projects and organizations.
- Bedtime Stories: Celebrating great Northwest writers and the art of the short story.
- Humanities Washington Award: Recognizing people and organizations providing humanities leadership.
- Washington State Poet Laureate: Promoting poetry across the state.
- Special Initiatives: Partnering with organizations to make humanities programs and opportunities widely accessible to the public.