Join the Speakers Bureau Review Committee
Join the Humanities Washington Speakers Bureau Review Committee
Humanities Washington is seeking applications from scholars, cultural leaders and community members from across the state who are interested in helping us select our next Speakers Bureau.
About Humanities Washington’s Speakers Bureau:
One of Humanities Washington’s oldest and most popular programs, the Speakers Bureau provides communities with a vetted roster of cultural experts and scholars who provide low-cost, high-quality public humanities presentations across the state. This diverse and engaging group of speakers covers a variety of topics, including popular culture, photography, architecture, literature, food, film and history. Speakers are carefully selected based on their subject-matter expertise and ability to offer fascinating content and insight on the topics presented. Humanities Washington, in keeping with its mission to spark conversation and critical thinking using story as a catalyst, selects speakers who can engage communities in conversations that will deepen people’s understanding of the topics presented and broaden their perspectives.
Review Committee Responsibilities:
- Assist with the recruitment of speakers and presenters for the 2015-16 Speakers Bureau class by distributing the recruitment announcement and application materials to their personal and professional networks.
- Review and score 5-10 applications (online) using criteria provided by Humanities Washington. Scores provided by the review committee will determine if applicants are offered the opportunity to participate in in-person auditions in June.
- If you are interested and your schedule allows, you may also participate in in-person auditions of finalists in June. (Please note that we are unable to provide reimbursement for travel expenses.)
Review Committee Timeline:
March 28th: Individuals who wish to serve on review committee submit resumes
April 4th: Review committee finalized and notified
April 25th: Deadline for Speakers Bureau applicants to submit online applications
April 28th-May 15th Committee members submit their reviews to Humanities Washington
May 19th: Applicants notified if they have been selected for auditions
June 19th, 20th: Eastern Washington Auditions (Moses Lake) June 23rd-27th: Western Washington Auditions (Everett)
July 3rd: Interviewees notified of final decisions
How to Apply:
If interested, please send an email to Program Manager Zaki Abdelhamid at email@example.com with the following information:
- A brief CV or biographical statement
- A paragraph explaining your interest on serving on the Speakers Bureau review committee
- Your interest level in attending the auditions in either Moses Lake or Everett (please note we are unable to reimburse you for expenses).
Please note: Applicants for the roster of 2015-16 Speakers Bureau roster may not serve on the review committee.