Apply to Be a Speakers Bureau Presenter
We are currently seeking applicants for our 2019-2020 Speakers Bureau roster. If you are a passionate expert who would love to share ideas and make connections around Washington State, we encourage you to apply!
What is Humanities Washington’s Speakers Bureau?
Humanities Washington’s oldest and most popular program, Speakers Bureau provides communities with a roster of cultural experts and scholars who provide public humanities presentations across the state. This diverse and engaging group of speakers covers a variety of topics, including popular culture, photography, architecture, literature, food, film and history. Speakers are carefully selected based on their subject-matter expertise and ability to offer fascinating content and insight on the topics presented. Here is a list of potential topics to consider for your Speakers Bureau application.
Humanities Washington, in keeping with its mission to spark conversation and critical thinking using story as a catalyst, selects speakers who can engage communities in conversations that will deepen people’s understanding of the topics presented and broaden their perspectives.
Humanities Washington seeks speakers with the following qualifications:
- Expertise with the subject matter of your proposed presentation. This can include formal academic study (master’s level or higher), stature as a tradition bearer within your cultural community, or other significant and varied experience.
- Demonstrated success in working with public audiences
- Ability to work well with culturally, economically, and geographically diverse audiences
- Interest in – and ability and willingness to – travel to communities across the state
How to Apply
- Review our Call for Applications. Learn more about the Speakers Bureau program, important dates for the application process, and the experience of Speakers Bureau presenters. Please read through the Call for Applications thoroughly before deciding to apply.
- Access the online application.
- To access the online application to join the 2019-2020 Speakers Bureau, click here.
- For instructions on how to set up your account for the online application process, click here.
- The application deadline is April 23, 2018. We will contact applicants in June 2018 to notify them about selections for the audition process. Final decisions will be made in August 2018. All important dates for the application can be found on in our Call for Applications document.
- Build your application. Join Humanities Washington program staff for a conference call on developing a strong Speakers Bureau application on Monday, March 26, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. To register for the conference call, please click here. You only need to fill this survey out if you plan to attend.
If you have any further questions that aren’t addressed here or in the resources below, contact Hannah Schwendeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-682-1770 ext. 101.