You’re Invited: Come View Auditions, Help Shape Our Next Speakers Bureau
Humanities Washington is auditioning presenters for our next Speakers Bureau roster in June and July – and you are invited to check out the auditions!
Consistently one of our most popular programs, our Speakers Bureau offers free public presentations across the state on a range of topics from history to contemporary culture. Our expert speakers share their knowledge and engage audiences in robust community conversations.
The Speakers Bureau roster is updated biannually and, for the first time, we are inviting partners, supporters and other friends to view the auditions. Your feedback will help shape our 2012-14 lineup. The new roster will be announced in mid-July for community presentations beginning in September.
The first day of auditions will run from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 1, at the Moran Prairie Library, 6004 S. Regal Street in Spokane [directions]. The schedule includes:
• 10:50 a.m.: Sarajoy Van Boven, Sisterhood of Kings: True Tales of Women in Power
• 11:40 a.m.: John Marshall, Fire and Forests, East of the Cascade Divide
• 1:15 p.m.: Rick Lawson, inFORMATION: Veterans Reframing the Civilian-Military Dialogue and Answering Your Questions Through Art Painted onto Their Uniforms
• 2:05 p.m.: Inga Weihl, Living Forwards Learning Backwards
• 2:55 p.m.: Paul Grove, Nature Speaks: The Musical Colors of Impressionism
There is no charge to attend. Come for the whole day, or drop by to check out a speaker or two.
Additional days of auditions will be held in the Seattle area. Look for an announcement on those dates coming soon.
We hope you can join us!
RSVP suggested to firstname.lastname@example.org.