Help us create a new Center for Washington Cultural Traditions!
Launching this fall, the Center for Washington Cultural Traditions will be Washington State’s new folklife and traditional arts program, and we are hosting a series of community meetings to get your input on the Center’s development.
What is folklife, and what are traditional arts? They are activities and objects that are inseparable from a cultural community. They are expressions of people’s heritage and help tell their story: foods, occupations, crafts, traditional medicine, storytelling, music, and more.
The Center will support tradition bearers throughout the state, interpret the state’s rich cultural heritage, conduct meaningful research, and create a range of innovative media and programming.
Join us at one of our FREE community meetings across the state this summer and fall to:
• Learn about the development of the Center, and plans for its future.
• Learn about networks supporting Washington communities’ heritage.
• Discuss some of Washington’s many cultural traditions with community leaders, tradition
bearers, the Center’s Director.
• Share your ideas and questions.
• Help us create strong partnerships and effective programming
that honors our diverse pasts, shared present, and collective
The Center is a partnership between Humanities Washington and the Washington State Arts Commission/ArtsWA.
- September 13, 2017
- Kent Senior Activity Center
600 E Smith St Kent, WA 98030 United States
- More Info
- Kristin Sullivan