Washington Stories Fund Grants
We are now accepting applications for Washington Stories Fund grants in 2022!
The purpose of the Washington Stories Fund is to record and share with the broader community the little-known stories of people or groups whose contributions add to the cultural richness and health of Washington State.
The Washington Stories Fund is a tool to dismantle barriers and enhance cultural understanding through the public humanities. This grant seeks to elevate the stories of underrepresented people or groups and enhance the public’s awareness of new and unique perspectives and cultures. It also aims to cast constructive new light on current issues, nurture compassion, and prompt action.
- Up to $5,000 awarded, match required.
- Any nonprofit organization, public agency, or group is eligible to apply. While groups do not need to be incorporated or have tax-exempt status, they must be organized for nonprofit purposes. Individuals are not eligible to receive Humanities Washington grants.
- Project highlights a unique or little-known story in Washington State and clearly serves a Washington State audience.
- Online applications are due July 15 and notification is September 1. Funded activity may begin after October 1.
- Four Washington Stories Fund Grants will be awarded in 2022.
Learn more about the 2019 award recipients here.